Day Trips from Westchester County NyOne-Day Excursions from Westchester County Ny
101 day trips from Westchester
Westchester's on-line guidebook for children, teenagers and more! After the Nest has great idea for a stay in the city and for trips with less than one Yonkers fueler. We are full of great opportunities to discover, study and have a good time as an individuals, couples or whole homes!
The Beyond the Nest is America's on-line guidebook to everything for experienced grown-ups and for those whose children have been flying the stable! We will help you to find out about major festivities, courses, holiday tips and the best activities in your area! Restricting our mailing to 101 means that some great goals have been removed from the mailing lists - if there's something you'd like to see, please contact our Beyond the Nest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of these locations are within an hours drive from Yonkers.
Family-trips and destinations in NY, NJ, CT, MA and PA
To celebrate the summers, we have compiled a collection of some of the most deserving rides outside your area, no further than 150nm. Indoor and outdoor, from museum and park to festival and beach, this has something for everyone. Throughout the world, from New York City area to New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Pennsylvania, this schedule has day trips and must-do destinations all within a simple bushwalk.
90 minute walk with boating: $25; $21 kids 12-15 years; $13 kids 5-11 years. H2OGO takes the visitor down a mound in an inflatable 12-foot football full of five gallon of hot and cold running coconut. There are many curiosities nearby: - Resume the subterranean topic in near-by Secret Caverns, where you'll see a 100-foot subterranean cascade between chilly outcrops.
- Learn about indigenous cultures and crafts in the Iroquois Mosque with its nave-like structure, open-air amphitheatre telling stories, lecturing and various dramatic works of artistic interest. There is also a 45 hectare natural reserve with various hiking paths. - Gambler's Knob Family Fun Parc has a minigolf course, a drive area and a nine-hole course, the go-kart course Muscle Motors Speedway, a Snackbar and an icecream parlour.
Exceptional activities take place during the summers, such as the Hall of Fame Induction Weekend. There are many curiosities nearby: - Explore nineteenth and twentieth centuries countryside and villages through exhibitions and shows at the Farmers' Museum. - You' ll take the 8-mile ride from the city to Glimmerglass State Park, where you'll find the beach, pick nick areas, campsites, walking and natural paths and historical Hyde Hall.
The family can take advantage of natural programmes, surfing, natural and walking paths, picnics, treasure hunt and a World War II shelter. During your stay in the city, visit the Cape May Birds Observatory for birdwalking and workshop activities and get free entry to Cape May County Zoo, which offers a variety of wildlife, play areas, trains and carousels.
This three-storey building shows from the originals hand-written games to a couple of Michael Jordan sneakers. The Hall of Fame will feature performances, signing sessions, tricks and tricks, as well as a juggler, maskota festival, giveaways and more from July 1st to August 31st; see hoophall.com/60-days-of-summer for an up-to-date itinerary.
There are many curiosities nearby: - See some of the deceased author's loved ones at the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden in Springfield, the home of Theodor Seuss Geisel. - You can visit five great Springfield Museum for an entrance fee: Michael & Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts, George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum, Springfield Science Museum, The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum und Lyman et Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield Histor.
- You can take the coaster or children's boat trips and relax in Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags New England. Nature conservation authorities offer programmes for children, such as treasure hunt and muck-rucks. The inhabitants are proud to be free of large retail chain, so you won't find any McDonald's on the Isle.
However, its icecream parlours, historical beacons, beautiful cliffs and twisting paths provide a truly relaxed time. Newport and Fall River's 75-minute cruise provides connections every day from June to September. At the Neighborhood Street Party Parade, our dancing and singing with some of the world's most popular personalities, cooling off and screaming like banhees in the spacious aquatic area. The audience is fascinated by the rotating shows.
PBS Kids Sprout character line-up - among them Caillou, Max & Ruby and Angelina Ballerina - will also move through the grounds and will be shown in dedicated shows throughout the year. Attractions nearby: - Kids can create and construct their own racing cars, take a simulation hot-air flight and explore much of the area's historical heritage in the Bucks County Children's Museum's hands-on exhibitions.
- Join an authentically crafted steamer or a historical diesels that crosses the gentle slopes and dales of Bucks County: The New Hope & Ivyland Railroad is a 45-minute relaxed drive with stories about the region's past. The area, also known as America County, hosts several festival and activities during the summers, such as the Day Out With Thomas on the Strasbourg railway line and the Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair.
Some of the rides include: - Tour the landscape with Aaron & Jessica's stroller rides. - You can discover a labyrinth of sweetmeal, drive a cart, cycle the cart paths, see and eat Farm pets, study farming and have a home-made lunch at the functioning Kerry Crest Adventure Ranch.
- Enjoy more than 35 kids and families trips, a funfair, a mini gulf course and child-friendly shows in the Dutch Wonderland Amusement Area. - Kills will adore the hands-on house children's museum's hands-on exhibit. - Visite the many railway highlights, such as the National Toy Rail Museum, the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania and the Strasburg Rail Road.
Explore the magical world of colour with 25 rides at Crayola Experience. Get a colourful brew from Café Crayola and take home unique memorabilia from the Crayola Store. There are many curiosities nearby: - Slide on the saucers, explore a world of dinosaurs and get drenched in Dorney Parks & Wildwater Kingdom Aquatic World.
- You can take a trip through old subterranean caves, then come back to the top for a snack, walk along the natural paths and buy gems in the Lost River Caverns. - Build and teach how to navigate a canalboat at the National Channel Museum and then go outside to sail a mule-drawn canalboat.
Two-story exploration with exhibition interactivity featuring Roadside attractions, Wonderland, River Adventures and Imagination Playground. As an educational tool, the exhibition promotes contact with the objects. There are many curiosities nearby: - Head to Philadelphia Zoo to see nearly 1,300 wildlife, take the merry-go-round or the PZ Express trains, take a trip on the Zooballoon and drive a goat.
- See Independence Hall and Liberty Bell in Independence National Historic Park. There are many curiosities nearby: - You are welcome to attend the children's museum for practical scientific and natural exhibitions, a protected area, film shows and planetary shows. - Fly to the New England Air Museum to find out more about the sciences and histories of flying, take a virtual pilot's seat ride on an old plane, and see more than 65 airplanes.
- Shop for one of the biggest collection of ancient carousels at the New England Cousel Museum and take a tour at Bushnell Park Cousel. Then take a steamer through the picturesque cities of Deep River and Chester to Connecticut River Valley.
There are many curiosities nearby: - Visits a villa with 24 rooms that looks like a mediaeval fortress in Gillette Palace State Park, where you can also walk the natural paths and have a hamper. - You can also go for a walk to the Wadsworth Falls State Park Falls and picnics, swim and fish. Journey back to the golden age of US yachting in this nautical muse.
Near attrations: - Mystic is a great place to visit the Mashantucket Pequot Museum to learn about 18,000 years of Connecticut's local and environmental heritage.