Soak up the tastings at a genuine New York Hudson Valley winery. Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Riesling, cask-fermented red grapes, as well as tasty fruity drinks such as Hard Apple ciders, are produced here. 6 ) Applewood-fired pizzas and cheeseboards are available in our summer coffee shop, which is open on March to November afternoons.
7 ) We are a dogfriendly winery, but we always have to keep our pets on a leash and we have to tidy up behind them. 9) Applewood is a non-smoking house. From New York State Thruway(87) North take junction 16 Harriman (Woodbury Commons), then Route 17 West to junction 127 Greycourt Rd., following Sugar Loaf then Warwick, County Route 13 and or 13A, look for the clustered vineyard path sign, 3m after Sugar Loaf turn right onto Four Corners Rd and continue 1mi. we are right on a long gravel track.
From New York State Thruway(87) South to Exit 16 Harriman (Woodbury Commons), then Route 17 West(future I86) to exit 127 Greycourt Rd., following the signposts to Sugar Loaf then Warwick, County Route 13 and or 13A, look for the clustered vineyard path signposts, 3m behind Sugar Loaf turn right into Four Corners Road, we are on the right a long drive.
From Interstate 84 West take the New York State Thruway (I87) South to Newburgh NY, take the New York State Thruway (I87) South to Junction 16 Harriman (Woodbury Commons), then Route 17 West (future I86) to Junction 127 Greycourt Rd, following the signposts to Sugar Loaf, then Warwick, County Route 13 and or 13A, look for the clustered vineyard path sign, 3m after Sugar Loaf turn right onto the Four Corners Ra od, go 1nm.
From Interstate 84 East to Middletown NY Take NY Then Route 17 East (future I86 to 126 Chester exits. Turn lefthand from the loading dock, turn right onto Route 17M, turn right 3/4m on County Route 13 towards Sugar Loaf, then Warwick, County Route 13 and or 13A, look for the clustered vineyard path signage, turn right 3m after Sugar Loaf onto Four Corners Rd, 1m on the right hand side, we are a long gravel drive.
You' ve spotted the oldest farmyard in Orange County and one of the oldest westwards of the Hudson River. In 1713, after long and fierce legal disputes, the Supreme Tribunal granted the doctor a thirteenth part of the country license, which encompassed the Stonehouse and much of what is now the city of Warwick, from the forested Bearfort mountains to the western side to the drowned areas around the pine island, which was teeming with water creatures.
He has offspring a long way off. At this point the old pre-colonial street that linked the Four Corners Rd to the Kings Highway was closed and became a dead end street that ended at the farm house. Meanwhile David and the whole Hulls had planted apples and peaches on former pasture.
In the mid-50s, the Binnenobstgarten was extended with the purchase of an adjoining 20-acre plot along the Four Corners Road. Mr. Hull, lovingly known by his large friend group as " Dave Apples ", began to educate his own household with three kids on the estate together with his spouse Elaine. At the end of the 1950' the company was converted into an apple plant and was given the name "apple trees".
At the end of the 1980s, a Pavillon was built for apples and personal celebrations such as marriages and jubilees in early and early school year. Davids youngest sibling Jonathan, supported by his spouse Michele, opened the winery in a small winery along the alley in autumn 1993. The adventurous winegrower has since done pioneering work in growing vinifera grapes in this part of the Hudson Valley, as well as making malted and semi-sparkling cod.
Fermenting, bottling and selling on the estate, the wines are appreciated for their full-bodied aromas, full-bodied aromas and abundant aromas.